Some people seem to get all the good opportunities. They always appear to be in the right place at the right time. I am willing to bet their job search strategy contains this key element.
This is another short, mid-week episode of Finance Career Launch where we discuss a skill, habit or mindset that will help you advance your career in finance. Today we’ll cover a key element of a solid job search strategy.
In this episode:
- How Maxie McCoy got an internship at ESPN
- Why this job search strategy works best when you know what you want
- This is how you access the hidden job market
- When done appropriately, reaching out directly can be a great way to learn about career possibilities
- Why connecting on a personal level makes this strategy most effective
- The different ways you might be able to connect
Music by Elijah from NOMADS